Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Cthulhu Frontiers

I just heard from William Jones that it's okay to mention that CTHULHU FRONTIERS is being released by Chaosium Press this month. (No link yet) This is a collection of horror in the grand tradition of H.P. Lovecraft set in the wild west. My story "Snake Oil" is going to be included in that and I'm very excited!

I've been writing weird westerns for a while now. Snake Oil will be the 4th story of Mysterious Dave Mather to see print. Dave was a historical gunfighter and a lawman in New Mexico and Kansas. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysterious_Dave He was also a descendant of Cotton Mather, the Congregational minister famous for his involvement in the Salem Witch Trials. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_Mather

I couldn't have created a character more perfect for this kind of story. He has come alive in my mind and I enjoy writing about him more than any other character.

The other thing I'm free to mention is that my story "Captain Future and the Lunar Peril" has been accepted in vol 4 of TALES OF THE SHADOWMEN which Black Coat Press will be putting out near the end of the year. It's my homage to the wonderful days of early SF when we knew very little about the solar system and anything was possible. As Douglas Adams said, "It was a time when men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Venus were real small furry creatures from Venus."

No comments: