Thursday, September 11, 2008

Right Now

I'm reading a mystery called, THE WINTER QUEEN by Russian author Boris Akunin. It's set in Moscow in the 1870's and looks clever and funny so far. Akunin is a big deal in Russia and a friend who reads a lot of international stories recommended it. I'll post a review when I'm done.

I'm still chipping away at chapter 2 of my project with Leah. It involves talking rate, a little girl trapped in a storm drain, and the Vicarmat-1270 which is an automated representative of the Church of England. At some point in the story it'd be fun to have Vicarmat malfunction and begin shouting "Cake or death?" (maybe not, but it's fun to think about.)

I am so looking forward to my real vacation at the end of November!

Oh, FRONTIER CTHULHU did not win the Origin Award, but it was an honor just to be nominated. (Seriously! I can now list "Origin Award Noninated" in my resume. Very cool!)

No comments: