Thursday, December 4, 2008

Off to Gryphonwood

A friend (thanks Bobbie!) tipped me to the fact that Gryphonwood Press's next anthology has re-opened it's doors for a 2 week reading period. the anthology is titled You Don't Know What You've Got.

The theme is loss and it seems perfect for "City of Masks", a story that I first sent to The World is Dead anthology. It seems appropriate because the character in the story loses his vocation, his girlfriend, his freedom, bits and pieces of his body and ultimately his humanity.

It's the first zombie story I've ever done and is set in a dismal dystopian future. Kind of bleak stuff, but perhaps it's balanced by the story I'm working on now, a fantasy/western romp called "the Sad saga of Tyrannosaurus Tex".

(Bipolar much?)

1 comment:

Bobbie Metevier said...

Good luck! Let me know how it goes.