Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men...

This has been my most successful year so far for short stories, which is ironic because I'd decided to set aside all by short fiction writing and focus on a novel.

My best laid plans have gang oft aglay. (Now I know how the mice feel.)



Anyway, I heard back from jean-Marc Lofficier last night. It looks like "What Rough Beast" will be a part of vol 7 of TALES OF THE SHADOWMEN. I say "looks like" because there are enough good submissions that he may have to push a story back to the next volume.

Anyway, the year to date looks like this:

Acceptances
"The Inside Man" - THE GREEN HORNET CHRONICLES
"Decently and Quietly Dead" - SIX GUNS STRAIGHT FROM HELL
"Zorro and the Bruja" - MORE TALES OF ZORRO
"Just Like Magic" (with Richard Dean Starr) - MORE TALES OF ZORRO
"What Rough Beast" - TALES OF THE SHADOWMEN: VOLUME 7
"Invisible Empire" - THE AVENGER CHRONICLES II

Submissions I Haven't Heard Back on Yet
"Adrift on Other Seas" - HIGH SEAS CTHULHU II
"The Cwoss-Time Twaveller" - TIMES OF TROUBLE
"The Adventure of the Ethical Assassin" - SHERLOCK HOLMES ANTHOLOGY
"Kumiho" - KOLCHAK, THE NIGHT STALKER ANTHOLOGY
"The Un-Kosher Golem" - BACONOLOGY

I suppose a little ganging aglay never hurt anyone, but 2011 will be the year of the novel!

1 comment:

David said...

That is a pretty awesome year so far! Well done :-)

I have to say, I love the concepts behind the anthologies using public domain characters. There are so many great charcaters just waiting to be exposed to a new generation of fans.