Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Things to Do

Got the next chapter of the vampire story from Bobbie, and it looks great. She's brought in a bit of death and gore (which no good vampire story is complete without) and left me with a fantastic cliffhanger to resolve. I haven't worked like this before, but it's a lot of fun, and it's pushing me to be more creative.

I'm finishing up on the Captain Action and Zorro preliminary work. The story-writing part will begin soon, but there's a little finishing work on the CA writer's bible first.

And Jacob's sent me a book to line-edit for Permuted Press. This one is very nicely written, making my job a lot easier than it could be. It's a romp featuring superheroes in the zombie infested ruins of Los Angeles. I'm not really a fan of zombie stories, and zombies + superheroes sounds like a combination that could go so horribly wrong in so many ways. This book rises above all of that, though. it's intelligently thought out and there is a wonderful level of emotional depth in the characters. It's exciting, frightening, and occasionally laugh-out-loud funny! I'm enjoying working on it.

Now I just need to work in some time for my novel :(

2 comments:

Bobbie Metevier said...

Time for your novel . . . hmm . . . would you like my 4:00 a.m. wake up call?

Matthew Baugh said...

LOL! Maybe so.

I suspect it's more a matter of discipline than time anyway.
:(